Satisfies CLDP and Psychology Internship Requirements
Brief Internship Description: This amazing resume builder provides an opportunity to teach and assess reading skills in 6-12 year old girls at the Dallas campuses of Girls Inc. You will work at multiple levels of the organization: (1) assessing the girls’ reading skills, (2) working one-on-one with the girls to improve their reading abilities, (3) working as a team to identify strengths and weaknesses of across the 4 Girls Inc campuses in Dallas, (4) reporting your findings to the Girls Inc Board of Trustees and Leadership Team. Making a real difference in the lives in girls in the Dallas community while working with a highly respected national nonprofit organization.
Internship Requirements and Information:
- 3 credits (9 hours per week) required. This is an unpaid internship.
- You must be able to arrange transportation to Girls Inc Campuses
- 10 openings are available in the 2015 Spring semester with the potential to continue in the summer and/or fall
- At the end of the semester, a total of $1500 in scholarship funds will be awarded to a small number of exemplary interns (more information to follow).
Who we are:
Girls Inc is a national organization that provides comprehensive afterschool and summer programs that support the personal, emotional, relational, academic and physical development of the “whole girl” and provide 21st century skills that prepare her – beginning in the 1st grade to graduate from high school, college and career ready.
- Download application (word doc) or (pdf)
- Deadline for applications – December 12, 2014
- If you have questions, please contact: Karla Loya, Chief Program Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 214-654-4523