FUEL HER FIRE AND SHE CAN CHANGE THE WORLD
Research shows that empowering girls and women yields benefits for entire families and communities, ultimately lifting and transforming society. Yet, the intense pressures girls experience growing up today are many: gender stereotypes, narrow expectations, negative media messages. At Girls Inc. we make sure that at risk girls and young women receive the education and encouragement to reach their full potential, in spite of the context of her life or the obstacles she faces. Our ultimate goal is to empower girls to become strong, smart and bold women who positively contribute to our communities and who understand, value and assert their rights.
Mission Statement & Vision
Girls Incorporated of Metropolitan Dallas inspires all girls to be strong, smart and bold.
The vision of Girls Inc. is to enable girls, ages 6-18, to become strong, smart and bold, and graduate from high school equipped for success with personal effectiveness, academic, and career planning competencies.
Girls Inc. has a powerful track record of providing research-based curricula, delivered at its four program campuses by trained, mentoring professionals in a positive all-girl environment equip girls to achieve academically; lead healthy and physically active lives; manage money; navigate media messages; and discover an interest in science, technology, engineering, and math.
At Girls Inc. we are teaching leadership and giving the girls the tools to change their situation.
- Research-based curriculum that takes a holistic perspective
- Trained professional staff
- Gender-specific programming
- Pro-girl environment
- Programs around relevant, contemporary issues
- Ability to address the full-spectrum of a girl’s life
- Focus on girls in poverty
We continue to grow and evolve each year, constantly increasing our capacity to reach out to at-risk Dallas girls, and we’re proud that $.80 of every dollar raised goes directly to our programs. Over the past year, our advances, achievements and sound fiscal management has been locally and nationally recognized:
- Ranked 5th of 178 top national high-impact youth serving nonprofits in 2011 by Philanthropedia, a GuideStar research organization.
- Named by the Clinton Global Initiative in 2009 and 2010 as one of 13 programs that “will improve the lives of girls and women around the world.”
- United Way Pace Setter Awards for Best Practices service provider in 2010
- Heart of a Warrior Charitable Foundation award for exceptional commitment to enriching the lives of children in 2008.