Girls Inc. Dallas offers a wide range of short and long-term volunteer opportunities for individuals and groups. Whether you want to spend time reading with girls, assisting with homework, or even working on a paint project, you can play an essential role in helping girls be successful.
Volunteers are needed at all three Girls Inc. Dallas campuses: Love Field, Oak Cliff, and South Dallas.
Our volunteer service hours during the school year are Monday-Friday 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. During the summer our volunteer hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Here are just a few ways you can get involved
- Mentor: Mentors are matched one-on-one with a girl and provide assistance with homework, college planning, and life skills – The Bold Futures Mentoring Project purpose is to increase girls, ages 9-14, coping skills, including confidence levels, resource awareness and skills needed to avoid and positively handle situations of violence. Adult female mentors (18+) are needed to work with small groups of 4-5 girls on an ongoing weekly basis beginning in Fall 2018.
- Tutor: Help our girls succeed in school by helping with homework and test preparation. Tutors are our greatest volunteer need!
- Activity Assistant: Provide extra help to our program staff as they deliver the day’s Girls Inc. program, read with the girls, play games, and help with art projects.
- Workshop Assistant: Whether you enjoy sports, yoga, drama, crafts or can lead a program on career readiness or leadership, our girls love learning new things.
- College/Career Speaker: Help a girl discover her passion by sharing your career path and college experiences.
- Receptionist/Administrative Support: Greet girls and guests at all three campuses. Assist with light administrative tasks to support our administrative and development teams.
- Decorator: Make our campuses bright and cheerful by assisting our campus staff with monthly thematic and even decor.
- Translator: Act as a liaison between Girls Inc. Dallas and Spanish speaking parents by translating agency newsletters and other correspondence.
Register for volunteer opportunities via VOLY.org.
To find out more, please contact
Sherri Cook, Director of Outreach and Impact Data
For general questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 214-654-4530.