Girls Inc. Dallas offers a wide range of short and long-term volunteer opportunities for individuals and groups. Whether you want to spend time reading with girls, assisting with homework, or even working on a paint project, you can play an essential role in helping girls be successful.
Volunteers are needed at all three Girls Inc. Dallas campuses: Love Field, Oak Cliff, and South Dallas.
Our volunteer service hours during the school year are Monday-Friday 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. During the summer our volunteer hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Here are just a few ways you can get involved
- Mentor: Mentors are matched one-on-one with a girl and provide assistance with homework, college planning, and life skills – The Bold Futures Mentoring Project purpose is to increase girls, ages 9-14, coping skills, including confidence levels, resource awareness and skills needed to avoid and positively handle situations of violence. Adult female mentors (18+) are needed to work with small groups of 4-5 girls on an ongoing weekly basis beginning in Fall 2020.
- Tutor: Help our girls succeed in school by helping with homework and test preparation. Tutors are our greatest volunteer need!
- Workshop Assistant: Whether you enjoy sports, yoga, drama, crafts or can lead a program on career readiness or leadership, our girls love learning new things.
- College/Career Speaker: Help a girl discover her passion by sharing your career path and college experiences.
- Translator: Act as a liaison between Girls Inc. Dallas and Spanish speaking parents by translating agency newsletters and other correspondence.
For general volunteer questions, please contact us at email@example.com or 214-654-4530.